Multi-platinum international rock band Linkin Park asked Fuzati to create a video to be shown at their then-secret concert with Japan’s best-selling artist, B’z, to raise funds to help Japanese Tsunami victims through the band’s charity Music for Relief.
Using our social media networks, Fuzati was named one of the top fundraisers (#18 to be exact) who helped the band raise more than $325,000 in a few months for children in Japan.
The concert was August 31, 2011 at The Mayan Theatre in Los Angeles. To get tickets for the event, the band asked for help raising funds for earthquake and tsunami recovery in Japan through Music for Relief. Fans visited SecretShowForJapan.com to join the campaign to send aid to Japan. Fans who raised at least $500 by August 24 earned two tickets to the show. 100% of the net proceeds went to provide care and financial support to children affected by the recent disasters.
Fuzati earned tickets and was invited to a meet and greet with the band before the concert. Check out footage from our video and summary of the event here:
Music For Relief is a grassroots effort comprised of musicians, music industry professionals and fans who believe that together they can create positive change. Linkin Park founded the effort in 2005 to provide aid for those affected by the Indian Ocean Tsunami. Since then Music For Relief has raised more than $5-million in donations.
Music For Relief’s programs have helped survivors of:
- 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami
- Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Hannah, Ike & Gustav
- Cyclones Nargis in Burma, Sidr, and Aila in Bangladesh
- Wildfires in Southern California & Victoria Australia
- Typhoons Ketsana, Parma, Morakot and Lupit in Southeast Asia
- Zimbabwe Cholera Outbreak
- Tornado in Mena, Arkansas
- China’s Wenchuan Earthquake
- 2009 Earthquakes in the Pacific Islands and Indonesia
- 2010 Haiti Earthquake
- Monsoon Flooding in Pakistan
- 2011 Japan Earthquake & tsunami
- Famine in Somalia
- MFR Environmental programs have helped educate artists and fans about how they can reduce their carbon footprint also how climate change impacts weather related disasters.
Linkin Park has sold more than 50 million albums worldwide and has won two Grammy Awards.