OUTREACH TO THOUSANDS
We were hired to grow and sustain an increased demand for conference attendees, particularly focusing on the 5 adult conferences.
The Steubenville Conferences encompass adult, youth and young adult conferences both on-site in Steubenville, Ohio, and in multiple locations throughout the United States and Canada. Attracting tens of thousands of participants each summer, Steubenville Conferences are known for their dynamic speakers, strong Catholic fellowship and opportunities for worship and private prayer.
We analyzed past and current data from stakeholders and attendees in order to create a refreshed branding and marketing strategy that increased awareness of the conferences and, ultimately, increase conference attendance. Recognizing the past emphasis on their youth conferences, we were hired specifically to draw attention to the adult conferences as well as the (fairly new) young adult conferences.
STRATEGY: LAYING THE GROUNDWORK
A strong understanding of past efforts as well as a solid infrastructure for communications is essential to any successful marketing plan. To that end, we:
- Conducted formal research on several topics related to our goals (e.g. created and implemented new attendee surveys).
- Created a marketing plan to capitalize on strengths of word of mouth growth and address weaknesses of year round engagement with Share Our Mission Campaign.
- Implemented website redesign to increase traffic, including features such as interactive prayer boards, ongoing formation in the form of conference videos and resources for youth ministers to use at the parish level.
To increase an awareness of all of the conferences as a united brand, we:
- Recommended and implemented the use of standardized naming conventions.
- Redesigned the logo
- Created a brand standards doc, containing visual and messaging guidelines to optimize communications among several conference partners to maintain consistency.
- Create media kits for conference partners to promote them more effectively with more inviting graphic digital design templates. http://site.steubenvilleconferences.com/mediakit
- Content marketing: We have grown their email lists through efforts such as products like 40 Day spiritual workout (app), which now has 75k users.
- Word of mouth campaigns and referrals: Encouraging participants to stimulate word of mouth marketing with digital campaigns.
- Social media campaigns: Utilizing Fuzati’s vast social media audience, we have increased the Conferences’ email list from 15,000 to over 70,000 and nurtured them to register with event timeline specific campaign.
- Remarketing emails: Appealing to past participants, new leads, and already registered participants we have created and engaged recipients to register and invite others.
- Earned Media: Promoting both regional events as well as the main conferences, we have secured web and radio placements at key points in the recruitment cycle (such as the announcement of the annual conference theme, the opening of registration, etc.) to attract attention to the conferences and increase registrants.
INCREASE IN ADULT CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
INCREASE IN WEBSITE TRAFFIC
IN NEW CONFERENCE ATTENDEES
- 8 Million Catholics reached every few weeks of digital marketing
- Website traffic has increased by 400%
- Adult conference registration increased 20% year over year
- 80% new conference attendees stated Fuzati’s Share Our Mission Campaign was the reason for attending
- Leveraging the Fuzati connections Steubenville Conferences has received an average of 2 radio placements each month